We are always looking for new heroes, maybe it’s you?
As a back-end developer at Favoroute you will make sure Favoroute.com works. Easy right? You will be the only hero responsible for this important task. Together with a team of front-end and app developers, you’ll make sure it works. Join us to become part of our journey!
What do you tell your friends you do?
“I’m making sure travelers can create their personal guidebook without a problem. Without me, they can just as follow the beaten track, buy a Lonely Planet, and leave.”
What’s your job actually like?
- Code our back-end using PHP.
- Team up with the apps/UX developers and our designer.
- Write a code that will be continuously be tested and deployed.
- Take and feel the responsibility for technical choices, such as our architecture, tools and processes.
- Deliver high-quality work, which is easily maintainable and can stand the test of time.
How to make this a success?
- You will actively participate in your multidisciplinary team’s Scrum process.
- You will receive and pro-actively get feedback from end users and developers. After evaluation of this feedback you might incorporate it in a new iteration.
- You will work in a motivated team to deliver on sprint commitment.
- You will actively improve overall back-end quality. Write a solid and testable code.
You will be working in a dedicated and smart team with 8 enthusiastic travel lovers, each of them with their own specialization and interests. From app developer to community manager, from Mexico to Russia. Each of these roomies will challenge you, both technically and in your knowledge of Game of Thrones.
What do we need? (requirements)
- You have 4-8 years of working experience
- You can build out the current back-end platform of favoroute.com
- You are comfortable to express yourself in English, both in writing and speaking.
- You are a wizard in PHP, Java Script, HTML5, CSS, jQuery, MySQL.
- You have a solid understanding of Adobe Photoshop and OO-design.
- You take pride in what you do and you are always open to feedback.
- You have experience in leading and managing a team.
You would really be our new hero if you also:
- have experience with Linux and Apache
- love traveling and understand the needs of travelers
- live in Amsterdam area or would want to move there
- are not afraid of ‘bierfietsen’ and ‘stroopwafels’.
For more information or to apply, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include (a link to) your portfolio if possible.